Author Notes: This recipe is great as a side dish or for a light meal. —C. Green
large field tomatoes
cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Spoon out 4 large field tomatoes so that all pulp is removed and shell is wide open
- Turn upside down on paper towels for a few minutes to drain any excess moisture
- Cook quinoa according to directions.
- When quinoa is done sprinkle in 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese and mix throughout
- Add a sprinkle of parmesan to the inside bottom of the tomatoes and fill with quinoa pressing down to make a dense filling.
- Sprinkle tops with remaining parmesan cheese and pop in the oven at 350 degrees for about 20 minutes. Tomatoes should be slightly soft to touch.