Author Notes: Plain fresh fruit in season is wonderful for a side dish or dessert, but sometimes you just have to have something fabulous! My delicious stuffed peaches take cut fruit to a new level. —Grace O
cup almonds (can be roasted but not salted)
cup cashews (can be roasted but not salted)
cup shredded coconut
tablespoons honey (can use maple syrup to make this a vegan recipe)
tablespoons lemon juice
teaspoon lemon zest
cup toasted coconut (as a garnish)
- Cut the peaches in half and remove the pits.
- With a melon baller, scoop out about a tablespoon of peach flesh from the center of each peach. You will have a hole about twice the size of the one left from the pit.
- Cover the peaches with plastic wrap and refrigerate.
- Put the peach pulp into a food processor with the remaining ingredients (except for garnish) to make a stuffing. Process for a few seconds until you get a chunky, uniform mixture.
- Freeze the mixture for 1-2 hours.
- With a melon baller, scoop out a ball of stuffing and use it to fill the hole of a peach half. Repeat for the remaining 7 halves. Garnish with toasted coconut.
- Optional: Quickly grill the peach halves before stuffing them. If your peaches aren’t perfectly ripe, grilling them will bring out their sugars and soften.
Photo by Grace O