Author Notes: Gazpacho is a soup made of raw vegetables and served cold. Traditionally it is made of tomatoes, bread, cucumber, bell pepper, onion, garlic, olive oil, wine vinegar, water and salt.
I’m giving it a modern twist: tomato, strawberry, basil and balsamic vinegar. That’s about it.
Chop very finely all ingredients. Strawberries and tomatoes have high percentage of water, so when chopped they will release a lot of juice. Also, strawberries should be marinated with balsamic vinegar and basil for couple of hours before adding chopped tomatoes. This will allow develop a sort of velvet flavor. Tomatoes will add freshness.
* If strawberries are not as sweet as they are supposed to be, add a sweetener to enhance the flavors. Tomatoes always need a hint of some sort of sugar. —lolitabopa
tablespoons aged balsamic vinegar
fleur de sel to season
bunches of basil leaves
- Finely chop strawberries, add balsamic vinegar, fleur de sel and half of the finely chopped basil leaves.
- Chill and let marinate for at least 5 hours.
- Finely chop tomatoes and add them to the strawberry mixture. Than add the other half of chopped basil.
- If needed, finish with some additional salt and balsamic.