- 2 cups apple juice
- 500g strawberries, hulled and roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon caster sugar
- 1 tablespoon gelatine
- 1 tablespoon cold water
- Step 1Place apple juice and half the strawberries into a saucepan. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Pour mixture through a fine sieve (do not press down on strawberries as this will make the jelly cloudy) and return to saucepan. Discard strawberries.
- Step 2Stir sugar into strawberry liquid. Cook over low heat until dissolved.
- Step 3Mix gelatine and water in a small bowl. Add to strawberry liquid. Stir over low heat until gelatine dissolves. Pour mixture into plastic drink cups. Cool slightly before placing in the fridge for 1 hour.
- Step 4When jelly starts to set, gently stir through the remaining strawberries. Return to fridge to set completely.
- Diabetes friendly
- High carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Dixie Elliott
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas