Author Notes: For a while I wonder if there’s another version of strawberry jam, although it is always at its best as simple as possible, I attempted to spice it up a tiny bit with tint of cardamom. Turned out to be nice! —nikoleung
Serves: 1 320g jar
grams Frozen Strawberry
grams Bio-Sugar (for Jam Making)
Juice of Half Lemon
- Prepare a saucer in the freezer.
- On low heat, combine Strawberry, Sugar and Lemon juice in a small pan (no non-stick pan because of the acid in lemon/strawberry), stir frequently until mixture starts to bubble.
- Continue to cook for 30 minutes, drop a bit of jam on the saucer that you’ve kept in the freezer, tip the plate, if it runs down very slowly, the jam is ready.
- Turn off the heat and stir in butter. This will help to get rid of the foam and clarify the jam. Add tiny pinches of Cardamom.
- Pour the hot jam into hot sterilized jars. Consume it in 2-3 weeks.
- On Sterilizing Jars: http://www.bbcgoodfood.com/howto/guide/how-sterilise-jars
1 of 2
2 of 2