Author Notes: I used a mix of strawberries, raspberries and threw in some blueberries as well. The strawberries can be prepared in advance, tossed in a bit of sugar and refrigerated for a few hours. It’s a great dessert to serve in winter. —jas53
3 – 4
tablespoons cream fraiche or table cream
tablespoon Cointreau (or rasberry liqueur)
- Cut the strawberries in half lengthwise and arrange in the gratin dish (together with any other berries you want to add).
- Whisk the egg yolks, cream, liqueur and sugar in a bowl, then place the bowl in a barely simmering bain-marie.
- Continue whisking the mixture until it starts to thicken and form “ribbons”, then pour immediately over the berries.
- Bake for about 5 minutes (or until nice and golden) on the middle rack of the oven pre-heated to 300 Celcius (550 Farenheit).
- Serve while still warm and enjoy!