- 2 litres vanilla ice-cream
- 125g strawberries, hulled
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar mixture
- 5 meringue nests
- Halved strawberries, to serve
- Step 1Scoop ice-cream into a large bowl. Set aside for 15 minutes to soften.
- Step 2Meanwhile, process strawberries and icing sugar until smooth. Transfer to a jug. Set aside.
- Step 3Using hands, gently crush meringue nests over softened ice-cream. Using a large spoon, gently fold meringue through ice-cream. Fold strawberry mixture through ice-cream to create a rippled effect.
- Step 4Spoon ice-cream mixture back into container. Smooth surface. Cover surface with plastic wrap then lid or foil. Freeze overnight or until firm. Serve with halved strawberries.
- High protein
- Low sodium
Cooking class: Meringue: Using hands, gently crush meringue nests over softened ice-cream. Using a large spoon, gently fold meringue through ice-cream.
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara & John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas