- 1 1/4 cups plain flour
- 1 cup traditional rolled oats
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1/2 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 cup caster sugar
- 1/3 cup dried strawberries, chopped
- 1/4 cup NESTLÉ BAKERS' CHOICE White CHOC BITS
- 1/4 cup (60g) Alfa One rice bran oil spread, melted, cooled
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 cup strawberry and vanilla mini marshmallows
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Grease 2 large baking trays. Line with baking paper.
- Step 2Combine flour, oats, bicarbonate of soda, brown sugar, caster sugar, strawberries and chocolate in a bowl. Make a well in centre. Add spread, vanilla, egg and 2 tablespoons cold water. Stir to combine. Roll heaped teaspoons of mixture into 24 balls. Place 4cm apart on prepared trays. Flatten slightly.
- Step 3Bake for 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden. Remove from oven. Turn half the biscuits over. Place 6 mini marshmallows on each biscuit base. Sandwich with remaining biscuits. Press to secure. Serve.
- Diabetes friendly
- High carb
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
Nutrition data is per s’more.
- Author: Liz Macri
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas