- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eschalots, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 3 long green chillies, thickly sliced
- 1 stalk lemongrass, trimmed, halved
- 5cm piece fresh ginger, peeled, thinly sliced
- 350g firm tofu, cut into 1cm squares
- 250g tempeh, cut into 1cm squares
- 1 bunch snake beans, trimmed, sliced into 3cm lengths
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/4 cup kecap manis
- Step 1Heat oil in a large wok or deep frying pan over medium-high heat. Add eschalot, garlic, chilli, lemongrass and ginger and stir-fry for 2 minutes or until softened. Add the tofu and tempeh. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until tofu just starts to turn golden.
- Step 2Add beans, tomato and kecap manis. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until the kecap manis coats the tofu and tempeh and the sauce thickens. Discard lemongrass and ginger. Serve immediately.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
Serves 6 as a side dish.
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas