- 350g brown rice (or use 4 cups leftover cooked rice)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 8 bacon rashers, rind removed, diced
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 cup fresh peas or frozen peas
- 210g can tuna in chilli oil, drained (see Notes)
- 1/2 cup spring onions, finely sliced, plus extra to serve
- 1/4 cup (60ml) light soy sauce, plus extra to serve
- Step 1Cook rice in salted, boiling water until cooked, then drain and refresh.
- Step 2Heat oil in a wok over high heat, add the bacon and fry until crisp. Remove and drain on kitchen paper.
- Step 3Add rice and garlic to the wok, stir-fry for 1 minute, then add the peas, tuna, spring onions, cooked bacon and soy sauce. Stir-fry quickly until heated through.
- Step 4Serve with extra soy sauce and spring onions.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
* If you can’t find tuna in chilli oil, add 1 finely chopped chilli, seeds removed, with the rice and garlic.
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Taste.com.au