- 1/4 cup (60ml) peanut oil
- 1/3 cup basic Thai red curry paste (see related recipe)
- 20 medium green prawns, peeled, deveined, tails intact
- 2 bunches snake beans, cut into 6cm pieces
- 2 tablespoons dried shrimp
- 1/3 cup (90g) grated palm sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) fish sauce
- 1/4 cup (60ml) lime juice
- 3/4 cup Thai basil leaves
- 1 bunch garlic chives, cut into 6cm pieces
- 3/4 cup coriander leaves
- Thai sticky rice*, to serve
- Step 1Heat oil in a wok over high heat. Add curry paste and fry for 2 minutes or until fragrant. Add prawns, beans and dried shrimp and stir-fry for 4-6 minutes or until prawns are cooked and beans tender.
- Step 2Add sugar, fish sauce and lime juice to wok and cook for a further minute, then add remaining ingredients and toss to combine. Serve immediately with sticky rice.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
* Sticky rice, also known as glutinous rice, is the rice of choice in Northern Thailand.
- Author: Lisa Featherby
- Image credit: Andrew Lehmann
- Publication: Notebook: