- 1 Lebanese cucumber
- 2 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1 long red chilli, seeds removed, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oyster sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon sweet chilli sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornflour
- 2 teaspoons grated fresh ginger
- 3 spring onions, thinly sliced
- 500g lean pork mince
- 100g snow peas, sliced on an angle
- 1/3 cup coriander leaves
- 160g rice stick noodles, cooked according to packet instructions
- Step 1Peel the cucumber, then use the peeler to cut it into long ribbons, discarding seeds in centre. Combine the sugar, chilli and 1 tablespoon vinegar in a bowl. Stir to dissolve sugar, then toss with cucumber and stand while you cook the stir-fry.
- Step 2Combine the sauces in a bowl with 1/2 cup (125ml) water. In another small bowl, mix cornflour with the remaining 1 tablespoon of vinegar.
- Step 3Heat the oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Cook the ginger and spring onion, stirring, for 30 seconds until fragrant. Add pork and stir-fry for 5 minutes until browned. Add sauce mixture, cook for 2 minutes, then add snow peas and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes until just tender. Toss through the coriander. Divide the noodles among 4 bowls, then top with the pork and pickled cucumber.
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Valli Little
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Taste.com.au