- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon sambal oelek
- 600g beef rump steak, trimmed, cut into thin strips
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 1 brown onion, halved, cut into thin wedges
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 1 bunch broccolini, trimmed, cut into thirds
- 150g snow peas, topped, halved diagonally
- steamed jasmine rice, to serve
- Step 1Combine soy sauce, garlic and sambal oelek in a ceramic bowl. Add beef and stir to coat in marinade.
- Step 2Heat a wok over high heat until hot. Add 2 teaspoons oil and swirl to coat. Add onion to wok. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until soft. Add asparagus, broccolini and snow peas. Stir-fry for 3 minutes or until almost tender. Remove to a bowl. Cover to keep warm.
- Step 3Wipe wok clean and heat over high heat until hot. Add 2 teaspoons oil and one third of the beef. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until browned. Remove to a plate. Repeat with oil and beef in 2 batches.
- Step 4Return all beef and any juices to wok, add vegetables and stir-fry 1 to 2 minutes or until heated through. Spoon rice into bowls. Top with stir-fry and serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Tracy Rutherford
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas