3390 kj Energy
31g Fat Total
6g Saturated Fat
73g Carbs (total)
Sticky Spanish chicken and rice
- 8 (about 1kg) chicken thigh fillets, excess fat trimmed
- capsicum, drained, coarsely chopped
- 150g (1 cup) frozen baby peas
- 60g (1/3 cup) roasted almonds, coarsely chopped
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Step 1Combine the chicken, paprika, cumin, chilli, two-thirds of the garlic, 2 teaspoons oil and one-third of the lemon juice in a bowl. Season.
- Step 2Heat 1 tablespoon of the remaining oil in a saucepan over medium heat. Add the onion and remaining garlic. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until soft. Stir in the rice and water. Bring to the boil, stirring occasionally. Reduce heat to low. Cover. Cook for 12 minutes or until rice is tender. Remove from heat. Top with capsicum and peas. Set aside, covered, for 5 minutes. Add the lemon rind and half the remaining lemon juice. Season. Use a fork to separate the grains. Top with almond and coriander.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat the remaining oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the chicken, turning, for 6 minutes or until browned. Reduce heat to medium-low. Cover. Cook, turning once, for 6-8 minutes or until cooked. Add honey and remaining lemon juice. Cook for 1 minute or until glaze thickens.
- Step 4Serve chicken with rice.
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Australian Good Taste