- 2 tablespoons kecap manis
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 400g pork loin steaks, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 450g fresh hokkien noodles
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 125g snow peas, trimmed, halved diagonally
- Step 1Combine kecap manis, oil, garlic and sugar in a bowl. Add pork. Stir to coat. Cover. Refrigerate for 15 minutes.
- Step 2Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 2 to 3 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Using a fork, separate noodles.
- Step 3Heat a large non-stick wok over high heat. Using a slotted spoon, add pork, reserving marinade. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until browned and just cooked through. Add reserved marinade, onions and snow peas. Stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes or until bubbling. Add noodles. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until heated through. Serve.
- High protein
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
Many noodles must be soaked in boiling water before being used in stir-fries. Ask an adult to help. After draining, the noodles need to be separated with a fork.
- Author: Annette Forrest
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas