- 800g pork loin steaks, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- 75g (1/4 cup) white miso paste
- 60ml (1/4 cup) honey
- 60ml (1/4 cup) rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons pickled ginger, thinly sliced, plus 2 tablespoons pickling liquid
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 (about 900g) wombok (Chinese cabbage), thinly sliced
- 1 telegraph cucumber, deseeded, thinly sliced diagonally
- 4 green shallots, thinly sliced diagonally
- 1/2 bunch fresh coriander, leaves picked
- Sesame seeds, toasted, to serve
- Step 1Place the pork, miso, 2 1/2 tablespoons honey and 2 tablespoons vinegar in a large glass or ceramic bowl. Turn to coat. Cover. Place in the fridge for 8 hours (or overnight if time permits) to marinate.
- Step 2Preheat chargrill over medium heat. Thread pork onto 8 metal skewers, discarding excess marinade. Spray pork with olive oil. Place a piece of baking paper on chargrill. Cook pork on paper, turning, for 6-8 minutes, until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover. Set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Step 3Combine ginger, pickling liquid, oil, salt and remaining honey and vinegar in a jug. Place the wombok, cucumber, shallot and coriander in a large bowl. Add dressing and toss.
- Step 4Divide slaw among plates. Top with pork. Sprinkle with sesame seeds.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Katrina Woodman
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste Magazine