- 2/3 cup orange marmalade (see tip)
- 2 teaspoons dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 8 chicken drumsticks
- olive oil cooking spray
- steamed beans, to serve
- Step 1Place marmalade, mustard, stock and garlic in a large ceramic dish. Stir to combine. Add chicken and turn to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight, if time permits, turning once.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 220°C. Line a large baking tray with baking paper. Spray a wire rack with oil and place over tray (see note).
- Step 3Drain chicken, reserving marinade. Place drumsticks on rack. Roast, brushing occasionally with marinade, for 25 to 30 minutes or until juices run clear when thickest part is pierced with a skewer. Serve with beans.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
Tip: For a sweeter flavour, you could replace the marmalade with plum jam. Roasting drumsticks: Drumsticks are best roasted on a lightly greased roasting rack over a lined baking tray. This allows excess fat and/or marinade to drain during roasting, which in turn produces a crisper, healthier and more nutritious meal.
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas