- 4 large sebago potatoes (see note)
- 2 lamb ribs
- Olive oil spray
- 300g bag crunchy salad mix (lettuce, red cabbage and carrot)
- 1 red capsicum, sliced
- 2 tablespoons classic vinaigrette dressing
- 1/3 cup sour cream
- Step 1Place potatoes in a large saucepan. Cover with cold water. Bring to the boil over high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 10 minutes. Drain. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool. Preheat a barbecue, hood down, on high. Pierce potatoes with a fork 6 times. Wrap each potato in foil. Place a wire rack on barbecue plate. Arrange potatoes on wire rack. Cook with hood closed, for 1 hour or until tender when a skewer is inserted into centre. Transfer potatoes to a plate. Stand for 10 minutes.
- Step 2Spray ribs with oil. Cook on barbecue plate, turning frequently, for 10 to 15 minutes or until cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Stand for 5 minutes.
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine salad mix and capsicum in a bowl. Drizzle over dressing. Toss to combine.
- Step 4Remove foil from potatoes. Return to plate. Cut a deep cross in the top of each potato. Using a tea towel, hold 1 potato. Squeeze base gently to open top. Repeat with remaining potatoes. Dollop potatoes with sour cream. Serve ribs with potatoes and salad.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
We purchased our marinated ribs from Coles.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas