- 1/3 cup plum sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 1/2 tablespoons worcestershire sauce
- 1kg chicken drumettes
Grilled corn and rocket salad
- 4 corn cobs, husks and silk removed
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 250g cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 60g baby rocket
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Step 2Combine plum sauce, garlic, worcestershire and 1 tablespoon cold water in a large bowl. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Place on prepared tray. Bake for 25 minutes or until browned and cooked through.
- Step 3Meanwhile, make Grilled corn and rocket salad: Preheat barbecue chargrill on high. Spray corn with oil. Cook, turning, for 6 to 8 minutes or until browned and tender. Transfer to a board. Cool for 5 minutes. Using a sharp knife, cut kernels off corn cobs and transfer to a bowl. Add tomato, rocket, lemon juice and oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
- Step 4Serve chicken with salad.
- High fibre
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
Double the marinade ingredients and make a double batch of drumettes. Freeze half for up to 2 months for another midweek meal. Defrost in the fridge overnight. If your household likes chicken drumettes, why not try these other delicious marinades: dried oregano, orange and cumin, soy, ginger and honey; or red curry paste and coconut milk.
- Author: Amira Georgy
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas