- 500g pork mince
- 60ml (1/4 cup) sweet soy sauce
- 1 long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander
- 1 x 300g pkt pad thai noodles (Trident brand)
- 2 tablespoons water
- 4 green shallots, ends trimmed, diagonally sliced
- Coriander leaves, to garnish
- Step 1Combine mince, 2 tablespoons soy sauce, chilli and coriander in a bowl. Divide pork mixture into 16 equal portions and shape into balls. Steam pork balls over a saucepan of simmering water for 5-7 minutes or until cooked through (see microwave tip).
- Step 2Meanwhile, cook the noodles in saucepan of boiling water for 4 minutes or until tender. Drain well. Combine 2 tablespoons water and flavouring sachets from noodles in the saucepan. Heat over medium heat for 1 minute or until hot and aromatic. Add the noodles and shallots and gently toss until well combined.
- Step 3To serve, divide noodles among bowls, top with pork balls, drizzle with remaining soy sauce and sprinkle with coriander.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
All nutrition values are per serve
Microwave tip: Place the pork balls in a shallow microwave-safe dish. Cover loosely with plastic wrap. Cook on Medium/500watts/50% for 6-7 minutes or until cooked through.
- Author: Jane Charlton
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste
Leave a Reply