- 1kg sweet potatoes (kumara), peeled, halved lengthways, cut into wedges
- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (about 125g each) beef scotch fillet steaks
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 bunches English spinach, ends trimmed, washed
- Step 1Preheat oven to 210C. Line 2 baking trays with non-stick baking paper. Combine the sweet potato and half the oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Spread over the lined trays. Bake, turning once, for 25 minutes or until tender.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat half the remaining oil in a non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook the steaks for 2 1/2 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Set aside for 3 minutes to rest.
- Step 3Heat the remaining oil in the pan over medium-high heat. Add the garlic. Cook, stirring, for 10 seconds. Add the spinach. Cook, tossing, for 2-3 minutes or until the spinach wilts. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 4Divide spinach mixture and steaks among serving plates. Serve with wedges.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
Budget tip: To save at the checkout, swap the steaks for 4 chicken breast schnitzels.
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Ian Wallace
- Publication: Australian Good Taste