- olive oil
- 4 field mushrooms, sliced
- 1/3 cup (80ml) Massel beef stock
- 2 tablespoons red wine
- 300ml low-fat thickened cream
- salt and cracked black pepper
- 500g potatoes, cut into 2cm cubes
- 2 teaspoons rosemary leaves, coarsely chopped
- 4 beef T-bone steaks
- Step 1Heat 1 tablespoons olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Add the mushrooms and cook for 5 minutes or until golden and softened. Remove from the pan and set aside. Add the beef stock, red wine and low-fat cream to the pan and simmer for 3 minutes or until thickened and reduced slightly. Season with salt and cracked black pepper. Remove from heat and cover.
- Step 2Steam the potatoes for 4 minutes or until just tender.
- Step 3Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large non-stick frying pan and add the steamed potatoes and rosemary. Cook for 5 minutes or until potato is golden and crispy.
- Step 4Meanwhile, heat a stovetop grill on high. Cook the steak for 4 minutes each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove from the heat, cover and set aside to rest for a few minutes.
- Step 5Return the sauce to the heat, add the mushrooms and stir until warmed through. Divide steak among serving plates and top with the mushroom sauce. Serve with potatoes.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kate Murdoch
- Image credit: Tanya Zouev
- Publication: Taste.com.au