- 1 1/2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 (150g each) beef minute steaks
- 1 medium red onion, finely chopped
- 150g button mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup red wine
- 1 cup Massel beef stock
- 1/4 cup pure cream
- Salad leaves, to serve
- Step 1Heat 2 teaspoons oil in a frying pan over medium-high heat. Season steaks with salt and pepper. Add steaks to pan. Cook for 30 seconds each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil to keep warm.
- Step 2Heat remaining oil over medium heat. Add onion and mushroom. Cook, stirring occasionally, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened and mushroom browned.
- Step 3Add wine. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 2 to 3 minutes or until liquid has evaporated. Add stock and cream. Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to medium. Simmer for 3 to 5 minutes or until reduced by half. Place steaks on plates. Spoon over mushroom sauce. Serve with salad leaves.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kirrily La Rosa
- Image credit: Amanda McLauchlan
- Publication: Super Food Ideas