- 1842 kj Energy
- 25g Fat Total
- 6g Saturated Fat
- 3g Fibre
- 34g Protein
- 100mg Cholesterol
- 364.95mg Sodium
- 8g Carbs (sugar)
- 18g Carbs (total)
All nutrition values are per serve
Steak sandwichPrint Recipe
- 1 large brown onion, halved, sliced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/3 cup whole-egg mayonnaise
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 4 (150g each) beef rump steaks
- 1 Turkish bread loaf
- 80g baby rocket
- 2 tomatoes, sliced
- Step 1Preheat a barbecue plate and grill or a chargrill pan on medium heat. Place onion and 1 tablespoon of oil in a bowl. Toss to combine. Add onion to barbecue plate. Cook, stirring, for 5 to 6 minutes or until softened and light golden. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Step 2Meanwhile, combine mayonnaise and garlic in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Step 3Brush steaks with remaining oil and season with salt and pepper. Grill for 2 minutes on each side for medium or until cooked to your liking. Remove to a plate and cover to keep warm.
- Step 4Cut bread crossways into 4 pieces. Cut pieces in half lengthways. Grill both sides of bread for 30 seconds to 1 minute or until toasted. Spread garlic mayonnaise over toasted sides of bread. Top bread bases with rocket, tomato, steak, onion and bread tops. Serve.
- Author: Kerrie Sun
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas