Author Notes: Who doesn’t like Sriracha? It’s the solution to everything. It is spicy, flavorful and jazzes up anything you add it to. “Sriracha > every sauce that has ever existed,” says, the biggest Sriracha fan ever, my hubby.
While I was spending hours and hours on Pinterest drooling over every food pin I saw, I instantly fell in love with this recipe. The original recipe was made with tofu but I decided to use Paneer instead, (Paneer = Indian cheese, tastes a lot like Ricotta). Paneer is made with whole milk that is typically curdled with a food acid (lemon juice or vinegar), then the water is drained out using a cheese cloth and the remaining curdled milk is pressed to form a tofu like consistency. The texture of paneer differs a lot from tofu, paneer is slightly gritty and dense whereas tofu is smooth and soft. You can find Paneer at any Indian grocery store or even make it at home.
This recipe is very easy to make and it doesn’t take a lot of time. It is a great appetizer for a large dinner party. Needless to say, the Sriracha Paneer was a hit at the bridal shower. Well, of course it was, it had Sriracha in it, you can’t go wrong.
***This recipe requires overnight prep, so plan ahead.*** —themessimake.com
Serves: a crowd
ounces paneer – cut in 1 inch cubes
cup Sriracha sauce
tablespoon soy sauce
tablespoon roasted sesame seeds, plus 1/2 tsp for garnish
cloves of garlic
- Blend everything EXCEPT the paneer in a blender.
- Pour the blended sauce over the cubed paneer pieces, cover and marinate overnight in the refrigerator.
- Spread the paneer pieces on a baking pan and broil on High for about *10-15 minutes. Be sure to toss the paneer every 2-3 minutes.
- If you have a grill, put the paneer pieces on skewers and grill.
- Garnish with roasted sesame seeds and scallions. Spread toothpicks around the plate so it is easy for guests to munch on these tasty little bites.
- *Each oven is different so adjust the broiling time accordingly. Pay close attention so the paneer doesn’t get burnt. Don’t walk away from the oven!