- 1kg small squid (tentacles attached), cleaned
- 4 zucchinis
- 1/4 cup (60ml) extra virgin olive oil
- Zest of 1/2 lemon
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tablespoons flaked almonds, toasted
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Separate the squid tubes from the tentacles. Cut open each squid hood, then using a sharp knife, score the inside in a diamond pattern and slice into strips. Remove and discard the beaks from the tentacles and set aside.
- Step 2Using a vegetable peeler, cut zucchini into long ribbons. Blanch in boiling water for 1 minute, then drain. Set aside.
- Step 3Heat 1 tablespoon oil in a non-stick frypan over high heat. Cook squid tubes and tentacles, turning, for 1 minute or until just cooked and the tubes curl.
- Step 4Whisk remaining 2 tablespoons olive oil with lemon juice and honey, then season.
- Step 5Divide the zucchini and squid among 4 plates and drizzle with dressing. Scatter with almonds and lemon zest, then serve with lemon wedges.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Jill Dupleix
- Image credit: Jeremy Simons
- Publication: Taste.com.au