- 2 lamb backstraps (see note)
- Olive oil spray
- 3 large oranges
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Pinch white sugar
- 3 sticks celery, thinly sliced
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- Crusty bread, to serve
- Step 1Heat a large, heavy-based frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray lamb with oil and sprinkle with pepper. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes on each side for medium, or until cooked to your liking. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil. Stand for 5 minutes to rest. Thinly slice across the grain.
- Step 2To make dressing: Juice 1 orange. Combine 1/4 cup orange juice, oil, sugar, and salt and pepper in a screw-top jar. Shake well to combine.
- Step 3Peel and segment remaining 2 oranges. Combine orange segments, celery, onion and lamb in a large bowl. Drizzle with dressing and toss gently to combine. Serve with crusty bread, if desired.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
Note: You can replace backstraps with lamb loin or fillet. 400g is ideal for 4 people.
- Author: Alison Roberts
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas