- 2 cups frozen broad beans, thawed
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into thirds
- 400g dried shell pasta
- 1 lemon, rind finely grated, juiced
- 200g creamy feta, crumbled
- 80g baby spinach
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Step 1Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil over medium heat. Cook broad beans for 30 seconds. Remove with a slotted spoon. Remove and discard tough outer skins from broad beans (see below).
- Step 2Cook peeled broad beans and asparagus in boiling water for 2 minutes or until bright green. Use a slotted spoon to remove to a sieve. Refresh in cold water. Set vegetables aside. Return water to the boil.
- Step 3Cook pasta, following packet directions, until just tender. Drain pasta, reserving 2 tablespoons cooking water. Return pasta, reserved water and vegetables to saucepan. Toss over low heat until heated through.
- Step 4Add lemon rind, lemon juice, feta, spinach and oil to pasta. Toss over low heat until spinach just wilts. Season with salt and pepper. Serve.
- High fibre
- Low sugar
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Tracy Rutherford
- Image credit: Louise Lister
- Publication: Super Food Ideas