- 1 bunch English spinach, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
- 100g feta, crumbled
- 1/2 cup grated tasty cheese
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 cup self-raising flour
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- Mixed salad, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200°C/180°C fan-forced. Lightly grease a 4 cup-capacity, 23cm (base) pie dish. Place on a baking tray. Wash spinach. Pat dry with paper towel. Roughly chop. Heat 1 teaspoon oil in a large deep frying pan over medium heat. Add spinach. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes or until wilted. Transfer to a plate. Cool for 20 minutes. Meanwhile prepare remaining ingredients.
- Step 2Heat remaining oil in pan over medium heat. Add onion. Cook for 1 minute or until softened. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Transfer to a bowl.
- Step 3Place spinach in a sieve. Using the back of a large spoon, press liquid from spinach. Add spinach, dill, feta and tasty cheese to onion mixture. Stir to combine. Spoon over base of prepared dish.
- Step 4Whisk eggs and flour together in a jug (mixture will be a little bit lumpy). Gradually add milk, whisking to combine. Pour egg mixture over spinach mixture. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until risen, lightly browned and set. Cut into wedges. Serve with salad.
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Tracy Rutherford
- Image credit: Rob Palmer
- Publication: Super Food Ideas