- 350g orange sweet potato, peeled, chopped
- 400g can butter beans, drained, rinsed
- 100g baby spinach, chopped
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped fresh basil leaves
- 1 egg yolk
- 4 fresh lasagne pasta sheets
- 500g jar tomato pasta sauce (with garlic and onion)
- 1/2 cup grated reduced-fat tasty cheese
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Cook potato in a large saucepan of boiling, salted water for 10 to 12 minutes or until just tender. Drain. Return potato to pan. Mash until smooth.
- Step 2Place beans in a large bowl. Using a fork, roughly mash. Add spinach, basil, egg yolk and potato. Stir to combine. Cut lasagne sheets in half crossways. Place 1/4 cup potato mixture along 1 long edge of each piece. Roll up to enclose filling. Repeat with remaining potato mixture and lasagne sheets.
- Step 3Spread half the pasta sauce over the base of a 6cm-deep, 25cm x 35cm (base) ovenproof dish. Arrange filled lasagne, seam side down, on sauce. Top with remaining sauce. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until lasagne is tender and cheese golden brown. Serve.
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas