- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 large bunch English spinach, trimmed, roughly shredded
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon rind
- 250g fresh ricotta
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chopped fresh dill leaves
- 75g feta, crumbled
- 12 sheets filo pastry
- 60g butter, melted
- Salad, to serve
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Salt, to season
- Step 1Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring, for 3 minutes or until softened. Add garlic. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add spinach. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until wilted. Transfer to a colander. Set aside to cool.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 180C/160C fan-forced. Combine cooled spinach mixture, lemon rind, ricotta, egg, dill and fetta in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Place 1 sheet of filo on a flat surface. Brush with butter. Top with another sheet of filo. Repeat layering with remaining filo. Spoon spinach mixture along 1 long side of filo, leaving a 3cm border. Fold in short ends. Roll up filo to enclose filling. Transfer to a baking tray. Brush with butter. Season.
- Step 4Bake for 30 to 35 minutes or until pastry is golden and filling is heated through. Stand for 5 minutes. Serve with salad and lemon.
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas