- 3 x 270g pkts Hakubaku udon noodles
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 bunch green shallots, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon Sichuan seasoning
- 2 x 200g pkts Japanese tofu, sliced
- 80ml (1/3 cup) tamari (wheat-free soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 150g snow peas, ends trimmed
- 150g sugar snap peas, topped
- Step 1Cook noodles in a saucepan of boiling water for 8 minutes or until tender. Refresh under cold running water. Drain.
- Step 2Heat the vegetable oil in a wok over medium-high heat. Add shallot and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add noodles, seasoning and tofu and stir-fry for 8 minutes. Add tamari, sesame oil and peas and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Serve.
Note: Make to the end of step 1 up to 2 hours ahead. Carry out step 2 up to 30 minutes ahead.
- Author: Michelle Noerianto
- Image credit: Chris Court
- Publication: Australian Good Taste