- 1 1/2 cups jasmine rice
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek (see note)
- 350g medium peeled green prawns, deveined (tails intact)
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 250g mini roma tomatoes, halved lengthways
- 1 cup fresh coriander leaves, roughly chopped
- Step 1Cook rice following packet directions. Drain. Rinse. Drain. Spread on a tray. Refrigerate for 2 hours or until cold.
- Step 2Place sambal oelek into a medium bowl. Add prawns. Toss to coat. Set aside for 10 minutes.
- Step 3Heat a wok over high heat. Add oil. Swirl to coat. Add prawns and sambal oelek mixture. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes, or until pink and just cooked through. Add onion. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add rice and tomatoes. Stir-fry for 2 minutes or until rice is hot. Add coriander. Toss to combine. Serve.
- Low kilojoule
For less heat, reduce sambal oelek to 1 tablespoon. Allow 2 hours refrigeration time
- Author: Annette Forrest
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas