- 500g pork mince
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 medium red capsicum, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 400g can chopped tomatoes
- 100g baby spinach
- Couscous, to serve
- Step 1Combine mince, egg, breadcrumbs and paprika in a bowl. Roll into 16 balls.
- Step 2Spray a saucepan with oil. Heat over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, in batches, for 4 to 5 minutes or until browned. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 3Add onion to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until softened. Add capsicum, garlic and chilli. Cook, stirring, for 2 to 3 minutes or until capsicum has softened. Add cumin. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Add tomato and 3/4 cup cold water. Return meatballs to pan. mains freezer
- Step 4Bring to the boil. Reduce heat to low. Simmer, uncovered, for 15 to 20 minutes or until meatballs are cooked through. Stir in spinach. Cook, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach wilts. Serve with couscous.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
To freeze: Omit spinach. Spoon into an airtight container. Freeze for up to 3 months. To thaw: Thaw in fridge overnight.
To reheat: Place in a saucepan over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 10 minutes or until heated through. Add spinach. Cook, covered, for 2 to 3 minutes or until spinach wilts.
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Cath Muscat
- Publication: Super Food Ideas