- 200g packet dried rice noodles
- 1 tablespoon peanut oil
- 1 medium brown onion, finely chopped
- 1 long green chilli, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 1 lemongrass stalk, trimmed, bruised
- Large pinch ground turmeric
- 400ml can coconut milk
- 4 x 150g skinless firm white fish fillets, cut into 10cm pieces (see note)
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup roughly chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 bunch choy sum, trimmed, cut into 6cm lengths
- 100g snow peas, trimmed
- Step 1Place noodles in a heatproof bowl. Cover with boiling water. Stand for 5 minutes or until tender. Using a fork, separate noodles. Drain.
- Step 2Heat oil in large saucepan over high heat. Add brown onion, chilli, curry paste, lemongrass and turmeric. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until onion has softened. Stir in coconut milk and 1/2 cup cold water. Bring to the boil. Add fish. Reduce heat to medium-low. Simmer for 5 minutes or until fish is just cooked. Stir in green onion and coriander.
- Step 3Meanwhile, cook choy sum and snow peas in a medium saucepan of boiling water for 30 seconds or until just tender. Drain. Divide rice noodles and vegetables between serving plates. Top with fish and spoon over sauce. Serve.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
We used flathead fillets.
Variation: Substitute fish fillets with diced chicken and cook for 10 minutes or until cooked through. You could also use Thai green or yellow curry paste instead of red.
- Author: Liz Macri & Emma Braz
- Image credit: Al Richardson & Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas