- 4 x 20cm flour tortillas, cut into wedges
- Olive oil cooking spray
- 500g lamb mince
- 3/4 cup fresh breadcrumbs
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 1/2 teaspoons piri-piri seasoning
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1/2 small pineapple, peeled, sliced
- 1/4 red cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon rice bran oil
- 125g cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 red onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1/4 cup light sour cream, to serve
- Lime wedges, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200C/180C fan-forced. Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Step 2Place tortilla wedges, in a single layer, on prepared tray. Spray with oil. Bake for 10 minutes or until golden and crisp.
- Step 3Meanwhile, combine mince, breadcrumbs, egg and 2 teaspoons seasoning in a bowl. Season. Roll level tablespoons of mixture into balls. Heat vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook meatballs, turning occasionally, for 5 to 7 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover to keep warm. Return pan to heat.
- Step 4Toss pineapple and remaining seasoning in a bowl. Add to pan. Cook for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until beginning to char.
- Step 5Toss cabbage, 1/2 the lime juice and 1/2 the rice bran oil in a bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Divide cabbage, pineapple, meatballs and tortilla wedges among 4 bowls. Combine tomato, onion, coriander and remaining lime juice and rice bran oil in a bowl. Top bowls with tomato mixture. Serve with sour cream and lime wedges.
- Low carb
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Cathie Lonnie
- Image credit: Andrew Young
- Publication: Super Food Ideas