- 1 large (about 650g) eggplant, trimmed, coarsely chopped
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons paprika
- Olive oil spray
- 2 x 250g punnets cherry tomatoes
- 130g (1/2 cup) low-fat Greek-style natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 6 shallots, trimmed, thinly sliced
- 1 long fresh green chilli, seeded, thinly sliced
- 400g can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh coriander
- 100g baby spinach leaves
- Step 1Preheat oven to 200ºC. Line a large baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the eggplant, cumin and 2 teaspoons of the paprika in a bowl. Toss to coat. Place the eggplant, in a single layer, on the prepared tray. Spray with oil. Roast for 25 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, line another baking tray with non-stick baking paper. Place the tomatoes on the tray. Season with pepper and spray with oil. Roast for 12 minutes or until soft.
- Step 3Combine the yoghurt, lemon juice and remaining paprika in a small bowl.
- Step 4Combine eggplant, tomatoes, shallot, chilli, chickpeas, coriander and spinach in a bowl. Divide among serving dishes. Serve with the paprika yoghurt.
- Heart friendly
- High fibre
- High protein
- Low cholesterol
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Chrissy Freer
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Australian Good Taste