- 180g dried rice stick noodles
- 1/4 cup (60ml) peanut oil or vegetable oil
- 500g beef strips
- 4 tablespoons (100g) red curry paste
- 250g baby corn, halved lengthways
- 2 tablespoons fish sauce
- 3 teaspoons caster sugar
- 1/4 cup (60ml) Massel beef stock or water
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded (see Notes)
- 1/2 cup (75g) roasted peanuts, chopped (optional)
- Coriander sprigs, to serve
- Lime halves, to serve
- Step 1Soak noodles in a large bowl of boiling water, covered, for 5 minutes or until just soft. Drain.
- Step 2Meanwhile, heat 1 tablespoon oil in a wok over high heat. Add half the beef and stir-fry for 1-2 minutes to brown. Remove and set aside, then repeat with another tablespoon of oil and remaining beef. Stir-fry curry paste and remaining oil in the wok for 30 seconds or until fragrant. Add beef and corn, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add fish sauce, sugar, stock and lime leaves, and stir-fry for 1 minute. Add noodles and nuts, if using, and toss to heat through. Serve with coriander and lime.
- Low carb
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
* Kaffir lime leaves are from selected greengrocers and Asian food shops.
- Author: Kate Tait
- Image credit: Petrina Tinslay
- Publication: Taste.com.au