- Olive oil cooking spray
- 3/4 cup dried multigrain breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons garlic and herb salt
- 2 teaspoons Mexican chilli powder
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemon rind
- 8 large (175g each) chicken drumsticks
- Steamed vegetables, to serve
- Step 1Preheat oven to 180°C/160°C fan-forced. Spray a large baking dish with oil.
- Step 2Combine breadcrumbs, salt, chilli powder and lemon rind in a large bowl. Add chicken. Toss to coat. Place in prepared dish. Spray with olive oil.
- Step 3Bake for 1 hour, turning halfway, or until chicken is browned and cooked through. Serve with vegetables.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Healthy tip: Because it’s baked, this chicken has less fat than regular fried chicken. To make it even healthier, remove skin from drumsticks or use chicken lovely legs instead.
- Author: Kim Coverdale
- Image credit: Amanda McLauchlan
- Publication: Super Food Ideas