- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 long red chilli, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon allspice
- 2 1/4 cups cold cooked white long-grain rice (see note)
- 420g can corn kernels, drained, rinsed
- 420g can red kidney beans, drained, rinsed
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- Step 1Heat oil in a small frying pan over medium heat. Add garlic, chilli and allspice. Cook, stirring, for 1 minute or until fragrant. Set aside for 5 minutes to cool.
- Step 2Combine rice, corn, beans, onion and oil mixture in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine. Serve.
You’ll need 3/4 cup of uncooked rice for this recipe.
- Author: Lucy Nunes
- Image credit: Ben Dearnley
- Publication: Super Food Ideas