- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Moroccan spice mix
- 20 large green prawns, peeled (tails intact), deveined
- 1 cup couscous
- 1/4 cup shelled unsalted pistachios, chopped
- 1/2 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 200g green beans, trimmed, cut into 3cm pieces
- olive oil cooking spray
- low-fat plain yoghurt, to serve
- Step 1Combine 2 tablespoons of orange juice and 1 tablespoon of spice mix in a shallow glass or ceramic bowl. Add prawns and toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Step 2Meanwhile, place couscous in a heatproof bowl. Add 1 cup of boiling water. Cover and set aside for 5 minutes or until water is absorbed. Use a fork to separate grains. Add remaining orange juice, remaining spice mix, pistachios and parsley. Toss to combine.
- Step 3Bring a saucepan of water to the boil over high heat. Add beans. Boil for 1 to 2 minutes or until just tender. Rinse under cold water. Drain. Add to couscous. Toss to combine.
- Step 4Spray a barbecue plate or chargrill with oil. Heat over high heat. Cook prawns for 2 minutes each side or until pink. Divide couscous between plates. Top with prawns. Serve with yoghurt.
- Diabetes friendly
- Low fat
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
All nutrition values are per serve
- Author: Chissy Freer
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas