- 1 (about 300g) sweet potato (kumara), peeled, coarsely chopped
- 4 carrots, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 250ml (1 cup) water
- 20g butter
- 3 tablespoons fresh orange juice
- 2 teaspoons Moroccan seasoning
- 4 (220g each) pork cutlets, French trimmed
- Olive oil spray
- 1 cup fresh continental parsley leaves
- 1 red onion, halved, thinly sliced
- 65g (1/3 cup) raisins
- 1 teaspoon finely grated orange rind
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Step 1Combine sweet potato and carrot in a heatproof bowl. Add water and cover with 2 layers of plastic wrap. Microwave on High/800 watts/100% for 12-14 minutes or until tender. Drain and return vegetables to the bowl. Add butter and 1 tablespoon orange juice. Mash until almost smooth. Season with salt and pepper and cover with foil.
- Step 2Meanwhile, sprinkle the seasoning over both sides of the pork. Heat a large non-stick frying pan over medium-high heat. Spray with oil. Cook the pork for 3-4 minutes each side or until golden and just cooked through. Transfer to a plate. Cover with foil and set aside for 5 minutes to rest.
- Step 3Combine parsley, onion, raisins, orange rind, oil and remaining orange juice in a large bowl. Season with salt and pepper. Serve with pork and mash.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
Succulent pork seasoned with spices makes simple cutlets special.
- Author: Kerrie Ray
- Image credit: Brett Stevens
- Publication: Australian Good Taste