- 1/2 loaf Turkish bread, halved widthways then lengthways
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, halved
- 500g mushrooms, such as field, cup, Swiss brown, button and portobello, trimmed
- 100g baby rocket leaves
- 1 red capsicum
- 1/2 cup (50g) walnuts, roasted, finely chopped
- 2 vine-ripened tomatoes, seeded, finely chopped
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/4 cup finely chopped flat-leaf parsley
- 2/3 cup (160ml) olive oil
- 1 tablespoon ras el hanout* or ground cumin
- Step 1Preheat barbecue grill to medium-high. For dressing, cook capsicum, turning often, for 15 minutes or until skin blackens. Transfer to a bowl. Cover and set aside to cool. Peel and seed then finely chop flesh. Combine capsicum and remaining ingredients in a bowl and season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Step 2Brush bread with oil then rub with cut side of garlic. Barbecue for 1-2 minutes each side or until toasted.
- Step 3For rub, brush mushrooms with oil. Place in a bowl. Sprinkle with ras el hanout and season to taste then toss to combine. Barbecue mushrooms for 3-5 minutes each side or until tender.
- Step 4To serve, top bread with mushrooms and rocket, then spoon over dressing.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
* Ras el hanout is a Moroccan spice mixture containing up to 20 spices. It is available from selected delicatessens and by mail order from www.herbies.com.au.
- Author: Lisa Featherby
- Image credit: Andrew Lehmann
- Publication: Notebook: