- 210g (3/4 cup) natural yoghurt
- 1 tablespoon finely grated fresh ginger
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 fresh long red chilli, deseeded, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon ground coriander
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 12 (about 750g) lamb cutlets
- 4 medium desiree potatoes, peeled, coarsely chopped
- 300g (2 cups) frozen peas
- 20g butter, softened
- 2 teaspoons peanut oil
- 1/3 cup loosely packed coarsely chopped fresh coriander
- Lemon wedges, to serve
- Step 1Place 130g (1/2 cup) yoghurt, ginger, garlic, chilli, ground coriander, garam masala and turmeric in a large bowl and stir until combined. Taste and season with salt and pepper. Add lamb cutlets and stir to coat with spice mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and place in the fridge for 1 hour to marinate.
- Step 2Place potatoes in a saucepan, cover with water and bring to the boil over high heat. Boil for 10 minutes, add peas, and boil for a further 5 minutes or until potatoes are tender. Drain, return to the pan and mash until just combined. Add remaining yoghurt and butter and beat with a wooden spoon until combined. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large non-stick frying pan over a medium-high heat. Add the cutlets and cook for about 1 1/2 minutes each side.
- Step 4To serve, divide mashed potato and peas among serving plates. Top with lamb cutlets. Sprinkle with coriander and serve with lemon wedges.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Prep: 10 mins (+ 1 hour marinating time)
- Author: Sarah Hobbs
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Australian Good Taste