- 1 corn cob, husks and silks removed
- 4 cups (600g) steamed rice
- 360g spiced chicken (see notes)
- 60g baby rocket leaves
- 4 cherry tomatoes, thinly sliced
- 1 carrot, peeled into thin ribbons
- 1 cucumber, peeled into thin ribbons
- 1 avocado, stoned, peeled, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup coriander leaves
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted ground cumin or cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon dried chilli flakes
- 2 teaspoons honey
- 1 tablespoon finely shredded coriander
- 1/4 cup (60ml) olive oil
- Step 1Heat a barbecue grill or chargrill on medium. Cook the corn, turning, for 8 mins or until tender and lightly charred. Set aside to cool slightly. Use a small serrated knife to cut down the side of the corn to release the kernels.
- Step 2To make the Mexican dressing, combine the lime juice, ground cumin or cumin seeds, chilli flakes, honey, coriander and oil in a small bowl.
- Step 3Divide rice among serving bowls. Top with corn, chicken, rocket, tomato, carrot, cucumber, avocado and coriander. Drizzle with dressing.
Allow additional time for cooling.
Serve with lime wedges.
To make the spiced chicken: Coat chicken thigh fillets in a mixture of ground cumin, ground coriander, paprika, chilli flakes, crushed garlic, dried oregano and olive oil. Chargrill until cooked through and thinly slice.
- Publication: Coles