Author Notes: This might sound like the craziest recipe in the world and you may well raise your eyebrows at me but seriously give them a go. They are sweet, savoury, tangy, salty juicy little bundles of deliciousness and so good with a cold glass of something and on that note if I could steer you towards my Sloe Vespa, the Christmas cocktail then all the better. —Anna May
Makes: about 24
Spiced Cherries in BaconPrint Recipe
- 1 tub glace cherries
- 1 bottle Worcester Sauce (you won't use it all)
- 1 packet streaky bacon, each slice cut in two
- Take the lid off the cherries and pour in the Worcester sauce until the cherries are submerged. Put the lid back on and keep in the fridge until you are going to use them. At least 2 weeks but a couple of months is good.
- Preheat the oven to 180 and line a baking sheet with baking parchment. Stretch out each half slice of bacon on a board with a knife and then wrap it around a soaked cherry. Secure with a cocktail stick. Cook for 15 minutes until the bacon is cooked and caramelised. Allow to cool for a few minutes and then serve.
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Appetizer to Share with Friends
- This recipe was entered in the contest for Your Best Hors d’Oeuvre