- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon five-spice powder
- 1/2 cup apricot conserve
- 8 (75g each) pork leg steaks
- 2 teaspoons white wine vinegar
- 400g can apricot halves in natural juice, drained, reserving
- 2 tablespoons juice
- 80g mixed salad leaves
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, halved, sliced
- 2 tablespoons slivered almonds, toasted
- olive oil cooking spray
- Step 1Place 1/4 cup oil, five-spice and conserve in a bowl. Whisk to combine. Place pork and conserve mixture in a shallow glass or ceramic dish. Turn to coat.
- Step 2Place vinegar, reserved apricot juice and remaining oil in a screw-top jar. Season with salt and pepper. Secure lid. Shake to combine. Cut apricot pieces in half. Place salad leaves, cucumber, apricots, almonds and vinegar mixture in a bowl. Toss to combine.
- Step 3Spray a barbecue plate or chargrill with oil. Heat on medium heat. Cook pork for 2 to 3 minutes each side or until browned and cooked through. Serve pork with salad.
- Low carb
- Low sodium
- Lower gi
Turn this dish into a picnic salad. Thinly slice cold cooked pork. Toss through salad. Drizzle with dressing just before serving.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Steve Brown
- Publication: Super Food Ideas