- 4 thick beef sausages
- 1 sliced brown onion
- 200g middle bacon, chopped
- 2 x 420g cans baked beans
- 2 tablespoons tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon worcestershire sauce
- 425g can pineapple pieces in natural juice, drained
- Crusty bread, toasted, to serve
- Fresh flat-leaf parsley, chopped, to serve
- Step 1Cook beef sausages in a heavy-based saucepan over medium heat, turning, for 15 minutes or until browned and cooked through. Transfer to a board. Thinly slice.
- Step 2Add brown onion and middle bacon to pan. Cook for 5 minutes or until onion is soft. Reduce heat to low.
- Step 3Return sausages to pan with baked beans, tomato sauce, worcestershire sauce and canned pineapple. Bring to a gentle simmer. Simmer for 10 minutes or until hot. Serve with thick, crusty toast and top with chopped flat-leaf parsley.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Craig Wall
- Publication: Super Food Ideas