- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 3 rashers shortcut rindless bacon, chopped
- 4 green onions, finely sliced
- 1 cup frozen peas, corn and capsicum
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 450g packet 90-second white rice
- 1 tablespoon ABC kecap manis
- Step 1Heat oil in a wok or frying pan over medium-high heat. Swirl to coat. Add bacon and onion. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until bacon is golden and crisp.
- Step 2Add peas, corn and capsicum. Stir-fry for 1 minute. Add egg. Stir-fry for 1 minute or until egg is cooked. Add rice and kecap manis. Stir-fry for 2 to 3 minutes or until heated through. Spoon into bowls. Serve.
- Low kilojoule
- Lower gi
Super saver: Use 4 cups cooked white long-grained rice (chilled) and save around $3.63 in total.
- Author: Claire Brookman
- Image credit: Mark O'Meara
- Publication: Super Food Ideas