- 2 teaspoons Alfa One rice bran oil
- 400g diced chicken breast
- 1 medium brown onion, chopped
- 2 rashers middle bacon, trimmed, chopped
- 250g button mushrooms, quartered
- 1/4 cup plain flour
- 1 tablespoon dijon mustard
- 1 cup Massel chicken style liquid stock
- 1/2 cup thickened cream
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- Step 1Heat oil in a large frying pan over medium-high heat. Add chicken. Cook, stirring, for 5 minutes or until golden. Transfer to a plate.
- Step 2Add onion and bacon to pan. Cook, stirring, for 3 to 4 minutes or until onion has softened. Add mushroom. Cook, stirring for 2 minutes or until mushroom has started to soften. Stir in flour and mustard. Cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Gradually stir in stock. Bring to the boil. Return chicken to pan. Cover. Reduce heat to low. Simmer for 15 minutes or until chicken is cooked through.
- Step 3Add cream. Season with salt and pepper. Cook, without boiling, for 3 minutes or until heated through. Stir in parsley. Serve.
- High protein
- Low carb
- Low kilojoule
- Low sugar
- Lower gi
Budget tip: Use 450g chicken thigh fillet, trimmed, diced, instead of breasts and save around $2.84 in total.
- Author: Donna Boyle
- Image credit: John Paul Urizar
- Publication: Super Food Ideas